Aadhar Card Update: It is required to keep our Aadhar Card Data correct and updated always. So, we need to update it from time to time. We can update our Aadhar Card details either by visiting the Customer Service Centre (CSC)/ Aadhaar Seva Kendra or Online from the official website of UIDAI at myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in The complete process to online update Aadhar Card is given below in detail and in easy language.
In the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) portal of Aadhaar, you can update your Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Address, Language, Email, and Mobile Number. To update the Biometrics (Finger Prints, IRIS, Photograph) in Aadhaar, you will have to visit Aadhar Enrolment Centre/ CSC/ Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
Aadhar Card Update Online 2022: Mobile, Address, DOB, Name Correction
|Service||Aadhar Card Update|
Check Update Status
|Who Can Update||Any Aadhar Card Holder|
|Time to Download||Any Time|
|Requirement||Registered Mobile Number|
Ways to Update Aadhar Card
The Aadhaar Card can be updated in two ways:
- Visit the Enrolment/ Update Centre- Click Here to locate the nearest Enrolment Centre
- Aadhar Card Online Update (Self Update)
- The detailed process to update Aadhar Card online is given below.
Document required for Aadhar Card Update Online
To update the data in the Aadhar Card requires the following Verification documents.
- For Name: Scanned copy of Proof of Identity (POI)
- For Date of Birth: Scanned copy of Proof of Date of Birth
- For Gender: OTP authentication via mobile/ Face Auth
- For Address: Scanned copy of Proof of Address (POA).
- For Language: Not Required
How to Update Aadhar Card Online
You can also update your Aadhar card from your mobile phone easily. Follow these steps to Update your Aadhar Card Online.
- Visit the website ssup.uidai.gov.in
- Here you will find the Login Options
- Click on the Login and Enter your Aadhar Number and OTP (received on the registered mobile number)
- Click on “Update Aadhar Online“
- Then Click on Proceed to Update Aadhar
- Here you will find a screen like this 👇
- To update the Name, Date of Birth (DOB), and Address, you will require to upload a valid document proof. The rest of the things can be updated without uploading any document.
- Click on the item you want to update and follow the instructions there.
- After the Aadhar Update at SSUP Portal, you can check the status of the update from the link https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/checkSSUPStatus/checkupdatestatus
|Aadhar Card Update Online Form||Click Here|
|Check Nearest Enrolment/ Update Centre||Click Here|
|Check Aadhaar Update Status (if Updated from the Centre)||Click Here|
|Check Aadhaar Update Status (Online Self Update Status)||Click Here|
|Official Website of UIDAI||Click Here|
|Aadhar Card Download||Click Here|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Which detail can I update online on my Aadhar Card?
In the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) of Aadhaar, you can update your Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Address, Language, Email, Mobile Number
Is it necessary to have a mobile number registered for the Aadhar Card Online Update?
Yes, to update your Aadhar card online by yourself, you must have your mobile number registered with your Aadhaar card.
In how many languages the Aadhar Update Service is Available?
In addition to English, you can update/ do corrections to your address in any of the following languages: Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
How to Update Mobile Number in Aadhar Card?
To update the mobile number in the Aadhar card, your mobile number must be registered with the Aadhar Card, Visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/ to update the mobile number in the Aadhar card. If your mobile number is not registered then you must visit the nearest Enrolment Centre to register your Mobile Number.
How many times Aadhaar data can be Updated?
Name: Twice in Life Time
Gender: Once in Life Time
Date of Birth: Once in a lifetime subject to the condition that the present status of the DOB is declared/ approximate. (Change in Date of Birth can be updated only for unverified DOB)
Which documents can be used for Aadhar Card?
Click Here for the list of documents which can be used for various purposes on the Aadhar Card.
How to Update Aadhar Card Online?
Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Address, Language, Email, and Mobile Number can be updated from the link https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/. To update the Biometrics/ Photograph you have to visit the Aadhar Update Centre.