Link Voter ID With Aadhar Card: The Govt of India started the facility of linking the Aadhar with the Voter ID or Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC). The EPIC link with Aadhar is the campaign of Govt of India to stop the fraud made in the Voter Poll during the elections. There are various discrepancies in the voter system, which can be avoided after linking the Voter ID with the Aadahaar Card. The step-wise process to link a Voter ID with an Aadhar Card is given below. The Election Commission of India (ECI) has launched a new portal voters.eci.gov.in which has replaced the NSVP portal. Now, all the services related to the voters are available on the new portal voters.eci.gov.in.
Link Voter ID With Aadhar Card Online
What is EPIC in Voter ID and How to Download
Elector’s Photo Identity Card (EPIC) is a photo identity card issued by the Electoral Registration Officer (ERO) to an elector of the constituency on behalf of the Election Commission of India (ECI). EPIC is used for the identification of an elector at the time of casting the vote.
Currently, the e-EPIC download facility is available for the electors registered after November 2020 having a unique mobile number in the records. For others, this facility will be available soon. Visit the website voters.eci.gov.in to download the e-EPIC.
Ways to link Voter ID with Aadhar
There are mainly three ways to link the Voter ID with the Aadhaar Card:
- Online Mode:
- Online from the website voters.eci.gov.in
- Through the Voter Helpline Mobile Application (App)
- Offline Mode: From the Office of Booth Level Officer (BLO) Electoral Registration Officer (ERO), or DC-cum-District Election Officer (DEO).
How to Link Voter ID with Aadhar Online through the NVSP Portal
Follow these steps to link voter ID with the Aadhar Card online:
- Visit the website voters.eci.gov.in
- Login if already registered or create a new account (Sign Up) if not registered.
- Find the “Aadhaar Collection” on the Home Page and click on “Fill Form 6B”
- The New window will open, Enter the EPIC Number (Voter ID Number) and click on the “Verify and Fill Form” Button
- You will see your Voter Card Details on the screen
- Then Click on the “Next” Button
- Again you will see your Name and Voter ID number on the screen.
- Click on the “Next” Button Again
- In the next window, the Aadhaar Card Number will be asked
- Enter the Aadhaar Number and Click on the “Next” Button
- In the next step, you will be asked to enter the mobile number
- Enter the mobile number and click on the “Send OTP” button
- Enter the OTP received on the mobile number, enter this OTP, and click on the “Verify” Button
- After the mobile number verification, enter the email ID and Place and click on the “Next” button
- After that, you need to enter the Captcha Code and click on the “Preview and Submit” button
- You will see the preview of all the details filled in to link the voter ID with the Aadhaar Card
- Check the details and click on the “Submit” button
- You will be provided a reference number. Note it down for the future to check the status of the Voter Aadhar Linking.
How to Link Voter ID with Aadhar through the Voter Helpline App
Follow these steps to link your Voter ID with your Aadhar Card through the Voter Helpline App:
- Download the Voter Helpline Mobile App from the Play Store or App Store
- Login with the user details like mobile number and password (Register first on voters.eci.gov.in if not already registered)
- Click on the “Explore” at the bottom left in the menu bar
- Then click on “Electoral Authentication Form (Form 6B)”
- Then click on ‘Let’s Start”
- Select “Yes” if you have your voter ID number (click on “No” and search for your electoral details in the next window and get your EPIC/ Voter ID)
- Enter your Voter ID number choose the state from the dropdown menu and click on “Fetch Details”
- Then click on the “Proceed” button
- The user’s details will be shown on the screen, then click on the “Next” button
- Enter the Aadhar Card, Mobile Number, and Place
- Then click on “Done”
- Then click on the “CONFIRM” button
- The application for the Voter ID link with Aadhar Card is successfully submitted
How to Link Voter ID With Aadhaar Through SMS?
To link your Aadhaar number with your Voter ID, send an SMS to 166 OR 51969 in the following format:
ECILINK<SPACE><EPIC No.>< SPACE><Aadhaar No.>
How to Link Aadhaar With Voter ID From a Phone?
Linking of Aadhaar with Voter ID can also be done by calling 1950 on weekdays between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and providing your Voter ID and Aadhaar card information for the purpose of linking.
How to Link Voter ID With Aadhaar Card Offline?
Aadhar can also be linked with Voter ID by submitting an application to your respective Booth Level Officer (BLO). The information provided will be verified by the BLO and after verification, it will be reflected in the records. You can find out your BLO/Electoral Officers on the NVSP website by entering your EPIC number.
|NVSP New Portal Link (voters.eci.gov.in)||NVSP Portal|
|Download Voter Helpline Android App||Android App|
|Download the Voter Helpline App Store Link||App Store|
|Voter ID Aadhar Card Link Status Check Link||Status Check|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to link voter ID with Aadhar Card?
Link Voter ID with Aadhar Card through the website voters.eci.gov.in or from the Voter Helpline mobile app