Aadhar Card is the Identity Proof (ID) for any resident of India, which is provided to every citizen. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is the authority that makes, distributes, and provides services related to the Aadhaar Card. All the information related to Aadhar and its services is given here.
Important Facts About UIDAI.GOV.IN & Aadhaar Card
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is the statutory authority for the Aadhar Card Services in India.
- The UIDAI has so far issued more than 150 crore Aadhaar numbers to the residents of India.
- UIDAI is responsible for Aadhar Enrolment, Authentication, Management, Issuing the Aadhar Number, Security of the Identity Information of Individuals, etc.
Benefits of Having an Aadhar Card
- Aadhaar Card helps in opening Bank Account as it is a vital document under KYC or identification and authentication.
- It allows LPG subsidies to be transferred directly to the bank account if linked with the LPG Consumer number.
- Aadhaar Card eases the process of getting the Passport
- It allows the use of various Govt Schemes and Services like Digital Locker, Linking of Voter ID, Digital Life Certificate, Jan Dhan Yojana, Other Govt Schemes, and Ease of Provident Funds.
- Linking Aadhar with PAN helps the Government to control black money.
Services Available at Aadhaar Seva Kendra
- Fresh Aadhaar enrolment
- Name Update
- Address Update
- Mobile No. Update
- Email ID Update
- Date of Birth Update
- Gender Update
- Biometric (Photo + Fingerprints + Iris) Update
Online Aadhaar Card Services (Self)
There are various services involved in the complete process of getting an Aadhar Card and its management. The important Aadhaar Card Services which can be managed online by the user are given below.
- Aadhar Card Demographic Data Update (Name, DOB, Gender, Address)
- Check Aadhaar Card Status (New or Update Status)
- Download Aadhaar Card
- Order PVC Aadhaar Card
- Verify Aadhar Number/ Email/ Mobile Number
- Aadhar Paperless e-KYC
- Lock/ Unlock Biometrics
- Check Aadhar Update History
Direct Links for Aadhaar Card Services
- Locate an Enrolment Centre (All Services)
- Book an Appointment for Aadhar Seva Kendra
- Aadhar Enrolment Form & List of Documents
- My Aadhar Portal
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to get uidai.gov.in Aadhaar Card?
To get the Aadhar Card for the first time, you have to visit the Aadhar Seva Kendra for the enrolment/ registration of the Aadhar Card. You cannot apply for Aadhar Card online.
How to Apply for Aadhaar Card?
You have to visit the Aadhar Seva Kendra to apply for the Aadhar Card. You cannot apply online for Aadhar Card.
What is the password of e Aadhar?
Combination of the first 4 letters of the name in CAPITAL and the year of birth (YYYY) as password.
Name: SURESH KUMAR
Year of Birth: 1990
Which documents are required to get Aadhar Card?
You need to fill up an application form available at the enrollment center along with supporting documents ID Proof, Address Proof, Relationship Proof, and Date of Birth Document.
What is the age limit to get Aadhaar Card?
There is no age limit to apply for Aadhaar Card